Classes of hosting services
A hosting service includes keeping and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server handled by a website hosting vendor. There are different classes of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a peek at them. In that way, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you desire to create a site, mail address accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution provided by particular web hosts, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services are often supported by displaying advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inapt explanation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would share the load between independent groups of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different web hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you desire to share a large amount of pictures with friends or colleagues since the service is generally free of cost. You will get a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your email box accounts. Some providers provide hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you want to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a website, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will permit you to have as many videos as you desire without hassling about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to keep a web site. To some extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At 100WebSpace, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the routine email/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for specific web content only.